Mashpee Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Kid's Kayak & SUP Adventure Camp
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
For boys and girls ages 8-14. RideAway Kayak offers a very active and beginner-friendly experience for their students. RideAway introduces necessary skills and information to those who have never worked with Kayaks or Stand Up Paddleboards, but also develops more advanced techniques and skills with those that have some experience with either activity. Outside of the key fundamentals and body mechanics for each sport, we incorporate different competitions, group activities, and information about Cape Cod's wild life and preservation information. RideAway Kayak's goal is to create an active, welcoming and informational environment for students to experience the beauty of nature and the joy of an active lifestyle. *Friday will be used as a make-up day for rain.
Location: Ryder Woods Conservation (Mashpee/Wakeby Pond, off South Sandwich Road)
Life vests are required: participants are encouraged to bring their own if they have one, if not, one will be provided for them.
- Introduce skills and info to beginners.
- Offer advance techniques to those with experience.
- Learn the key fundamentals and body mechanics for each sport.
- Includes competitions and group activities.
- The Mashpee Recreation Department is working closely with the Board of Health and following the latest COVID information released by the State of Massachusetts. We will continue to monitor the Town of Mashpee case numbers while implementing all guidelines put forth by the state. Therefore, we reserve the right to discontinue any program at any time should the town or state feel it is in the best interest of the health and safety of our community. Please take the time to review each programs modifications that have been implemented to ensure all our participants safety. We encourage you to contact the Recreation Department directly with any questions or concerns that you may have at 508-539-1416
- Participants will be encouraged to maintain 6 feet of separation between one another and should have a face mask on hand in case 6 feet cannot be maintained.